Contracts, Governance & Regulatory
Since the inception of private finance into the Social Housing sector the Firm has been heavily involved in acting for many different Registered Providers in dealings with their sophisticated loan structures
Examples of Work Undertaken
We have acted for both lenders and borrowers in multi-million financing deals since 1989. Typical instructions have included:
- Acting for Bank of Scotland in relation to a £20 million facility for a high profile PFI project
- Acting for The Bank of Scotland in relation to a £22 million general development facility
- Advising in relation to a general facility for a market renting subsidiary of an RSL in a highly geared structure, including participation arrangements and priorities.
- Acting in relation to the extension and amendment to an exiting facility for and RP with Britannia Building Society for £3 million.
- Acting for an RP Group in relation to the provision of a Group facility for development purposes from Nationwide Building Society for £2 million.
- Advising on development projects in order to ensure the availability of private funding and negotiating a facility to support the same for £25 million.
- Advising in relation to a Bond Issue
Charging and Drawdown
We undertake each year numerous charging exercises for mainstream funders typically involving several hundred units at a time working to tight time scales when we allocate a bespoke team to service the client working to an agreed protocol.
If you would like to speak to one of the team about Finance please contact Jennifer Bennett.