Social Housing Development
Our Development teams have a broad knowledge, practical skills and an innovative approach to help RSLs maximise on the development of their portfolios.
We provide legal services for development acquisitions and major land based projects and advise on non-contentious housing management issues. Our teams have an extensive knowledge of the Right to Buy Legislation - including the Housing (Preservation of Right to Buy) Regulations 1993.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Acquisition of 27 Registered Care Homes for an RSL from a County Council with lease back to a Care Provider. The scheme involves a £54 million construction programme to provide new state of the art Care Homes and supported living accommodation.
- Acquisition of land for the development of 54 units of accommodation in four blocks of flats for rent and shared ownership.
- Development Agreement for an RSL relating to the purchase under a lease and development of land to form a public car park, community centre and flats. Provisions for leaseback of the car park to a Local Authority and the underletting of the community centre to a County Council
- A major £10 million regeneration project for an RSL relating to former defective pre-fabricated housing.
- Advising a Bank providing £20m funding to an RSL on the Lease and Project Agreements for a new build development scheme that will provide student accommodation and facilities management for a University.
- Acting for an RSL developing a rural housing scheme combined with a village hall and doctors surgery.