Legal Services for the Armed Forces
If you are looking for a team that fully understands the unique needs and requirements of members of the Armed Forces and their families, then look no further.
We help members of the Armed Forces through some very complex procedures including:
- Disciplinary matters both at Summary Level (Commanding Officer) and Court Martial, including advice prior to Summary Hearing and trial by Court Martial and appeal, post hearing, to the Summary Appeal Court (SAC), and providing representation at the SAC and at Court Martial.
- Service Complaints. During the course of service in the Armed Forces, individuals may be subject to a decision, omission or mistake that can have catastrophic consequences on their future careers. We can help in drafting and submitting a Service Complaint with the aim of resolving such issues.
- Administrative matters and Employment, including Minor/Major Administrative Action (MAA/AGAI 67), covering loss of rank/rate, seniority and the full range of administrative censures and Armed Forces Employment issues.*
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS). With the ever increasing tempo of operational commitments and the need to train for such commitments, injuries occur, some by accident, some not. Our team can advise on the appropriate course of action to follow in such instances to ensure matters are handled fairly for all parties involved in this, “No Fault”, scheme.
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. If these were caused by the fault of another person or organisation, whether Service or Civilian, in the UK or abroad, we can advise and assist you to recover compensation subject to the particular circumstances of the negligence which caused your accident and injury.
- Resettlement, Business and Home Purchase or Sales. We can assist you with advice upon your leaving and being discharged from the Services in relation to many matters which may affect your transition into civilian life.
- Family and Children Matters. Very often, personal issues relating to relationships and children are subjected to significant strains in the maelstrom of life in the Armed Forces. We are here to help you and to offer advice, support and if necessary, the mediation of problems and issues.
- Wills, Trusts & Probate. Our team is familiar with the particular needs of Armed Forces personnel, both serving and retired, and can help and advise you and your family on a wide range of legal issues.
Our team has many years of service in the Armed Forces, so we are uniquely placed to give authoritative advice based on years of experience. Whatever the problems faced by serving and retired members of the Armed Forces, we are acutely aware of the knock on effect of Service, which often carries over into civilian life on retirement.
If you would like to have copies of our information leaflets on any of these issues or a no-obligation chat with one of our advisers, please contact us on 0800 827168 or email: email@example.com.
*Remember, members of the Armed Forces do not have contracts of employment and, as such, only have access to Employment Tribunals (ETs) in limited circumstances. The vast majority of “Employment” issues are dealt with by way of a Service Complaint.