Please see key members of our Housing team below :
Clive Adams, Associate
Clive qualified as a solicitor in 1997 and joined the Social Housing Litigation team at Coffin Mew in August 2005. Clive has considerable expertise across various aspects of public sector housing and property litigation. Clive has represented clients on applications for anti-social behaviour orders and Injunctions, possession and demotion claims, service charge disputes, boundary issues, rights of way, adverse possession claims and applications for Interim Possession Orders against squatters.
Clive has experience of complex Judicial Reviews and appeals, including a number of his cases that have been leading cases in the Court of Appeal and Administrative Court.
Clive is one of the founder members of the Asset Management Team and provides specialist leasehold enforcement advice and training in respect of:-
- Recovery of unpaid service charges;
- Consultation requirements under S.20 Landlord and Tenant Act 1985;
- Service rents and other administration charges;
- Unauthorised alterations and sub-letting;
- Nuisance and other non monetary leasehold breaches.
Clive appears regularly in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and has also represented clients in the Lands Tribunal (now Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal).
A very versatile and experienced lawyer, Clive has handled cases on the following matters:-
- Representing RP’s in obtaining anti-social behaviour injunctions; possession claims and demotion orders.
- Application to the Administrative Court under S.288 of the Town and Country Planning Act to quash the decision of the Planning Inspector refusing planning permission on a multi-million regeneration project
- Application to the LVT for dispensation under S.20ZA Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 affecting circa 15,000 properties.
- An Appeal to the Lands Tribunal regarding the distinction between fixed and variable service charges in periodic tenancy agreements.
- Leasehold enforcement in respect of Shared Ownership Leases for non payment of the Specified Rent and other breaches of covenant.
- Committal Applications following breach of injunction and enforcement of orders.
- Application to rescind a long lease and subsequent possession proceedings following discovery of a fraudulent Right to Buy application.
- Advising and representing clients in claims for disrepair and enforcement of repairing obligations.
Telephone: 023 8057 4334