Please see key members of our Housing team below :
Michael Owen, Partner
Michael has over 15 years experience in the Social Housing sector and specialises in all areas of housing and landlord and tenant litigation. He has experience of acting principally for landlords in the social sector, Local Authorities and RPs and is known for his excellent client care and clear, practical, approachable advice.
His previous work for tenants also allows him to offer a fully rounded advice service to our social sector landlords. He now heads up the Housing Management team.
Michael has undertaken many high profile nuisance actions on behalf of RPs landlords including obtaining many Outright Possession Orders, Anti-Social Behaviour Orders, Injunction Orders and injunctive remedies. Some cases have attracted national media attention and have been the first of their kind applications in the Country. He is recognised by Chambers and Partners Legal Directory.
- Considering non-contentious resolution of cases engaging multi-agency approaches and mediation.
- Enforcing court orders and seeking committal for non-compliance with orders.
- Advising on data protection, disability discrimination, mental capacity and Human Rights Act issues.
- Advising upon human rights and planning issues and representing clients at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals and on appeal at the Lands Tribunal on complex service charge and leasehold interpretation disputes.
- Representing clients at all levels of Court.