Employment Law Southampton, Portsmouth, Hampshire
Our employment lawyers have the benefit of legal expertise combined with the experience gained from advising a wide range of employers which means that whether you deal with our employment law solicitors in our Southampton, Portsmouth or Gosport office, you will receive practical, timely advice in the manner that best suits your needs.
Whether you need legal advice relating to an individual employee or a strategic matter affecting your entire workforce, you will receive clear and commercial advice and solutions tailored to your unique circumstances and demands. We can assist you with any employment law issue you may have. We will work carefully with you to draw up a strategy and process that minimises the potential of litigation and to minimise unnecessary costs and time away from your business.
“Coffin Mew's employment team operates out of offices in both Southampton and Portsmouth. Its local expertise and ability to work collaboratively to provide a "seamless service" is picked out by sources as a particular strength. The team has significant knowledge in advising insolvency practitioners in relation to employment law considerations, with a growing portfolio of clients in this area. It also represents a large number of local and national social housing organisations.
KEY INDIVIDUALS The "solid and straightforward" Darren Tibble "gives balanced advice in difficult situations" and sources "rate him tremendously" for his "commercial and sensible advice."
Portsmouth-based Dorlee Monschau is "detailed and has endless patience when dealing with extremely difficult situations."
Tabytha Cunningham, located in the firm's Southampton office, has a broad practice and advises on compromise agreements, employee disputes and tribunal matters”. (Chambers and Partners, 2013)
The 2012 Legal 500 says: Dorlee Monschau leads the team at Coffin Mew LLP, which saw an increase in healthcare, technology, education and charity matters. The firm handles both contentious and non-contentious mandates.
Key areas of legal advice include:
- Employment Contracts, Policies and Handbooks
- Redundancies, restructuring and collective dismissals
- Employment aspects of mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing of services and TUPE
- Appointment and termination of senior executives
- Trade unions, collective disputes and industrial action
- Employment Tribunal litigation, mediation and dispute resolution
- High Court litigation (e.g. enforcement of restrictive covenants)
- Employee benefits and pensions
- Work permits and immigration advice
- Discrimination, diversity and equal opportunities issues
- Maternity and family friendly advice
- Managing capability and poor performance
- Managing persistent and long term sickness absence
- Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures
- European Works Councils, domestic works councils and workers' consultation
- Protecting confidential information and whistleblowing advice
- Termination of employment, severance terms and Compromise Agreements
Contact our specialist employment law solicitors in our offices in Portsmouth, Southampton or Gosport.
Dorlee Monschau, Employment Partner, Solicitor
Darren Tibble, Employment Partner, Solicitor
Tabytha Cunningham, Solicitor
Alison Colley, Solicitor
Charlotte Farrell, Solicitor