Our Employment team have the benefit of legal expertise combined with the experience gained from advising a wide range of employers which means that whether you deal with our Employment team in our Southampton, Portsmouth or Gosport office, you will receive practical, timely advice in the manner that best suits your needs.
Whether you need legal advice relating to an individual employee or a strategic matter affecting your entire workforce, you will receive clear and commercial advice and solutions tailored to your unique circumstances and demands. We can assist you with any employment law issue you may have. We will work carefully with you to draw up a strategy and process that minimises both the potential of litigation and any unnecessary costs and time away from your business.
Chambers and Partners, 2014 says: The team “specialises in acting for clients from the healthcare, education, charity, IT and technology sectors. Handles employment issues ranging from TUPE advice to restructurings and collective redundancies."
The Legal 500 2013 says: "Recent work for Coffin Mew LLP includes defending unfair dismissal claims and advising on a redundancy programme. Portsmouth-based team head Dorlee Monschau and Southampton-based Darren Tibble are the key contacts."
Dorlee Monschau is experienced in all areas of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious. (Chambers and Partners, 2014)
Clients describe Darren Tibble as "nothing short of magic." He takes a particular interest in TUPE and discrimination law, but advises on all areas of employment law. (Chambers and Partners, 2014)
Key areas of legal advice include:-
- Employment Contracts, Policies and Handbooks
- Redundancies, restructuring and collective dismissals
- Employment aspects of mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing of services and TUPE
- Appointment and termination of senior executives
- Trade unions, collective disputes and industrial action
- Employment Tribunal litigation, mediation and dispute resolution
- High Court litigation (e.g. enforcement of restrictive covenants)
- Employee benefits and pensions
- Work permits and immigration advice
- Discrimination, diversity and equal opportunities issues
- Maternity and family friendly advice
- Managing capability and poor performance
- Managing persistent and long term sickness absence
- Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures
- European Works Councils, domestic works councils and workers' consultation
- Protecting confidential information and whistleblowing advice
- Termination of employment, severance terms and Compromise Agreements